Friday, December 23, 2011

The Hour of God's love.

I grew up in a really religious, fundamentalist home. I started off going to a Catholic church and Catholic schools. My mom took us to evangelical, Pentecostal churches. I have seen a lot of the Christian faith. I often visit a church in California which is a really, really evangelical church. I don’t agree with what the pastor says all the time, but I like the sense of community. The words don’t reach me but the gathering I like.

The most important thing a church or pastor can do is to be a part of the building and sustaining of a community, a place to go, a place to be, a place to gather together and do stuff. I’m less interested in the political angle of a church, more interested in the humanitarian angle of a church. (G. Stroumboulopoulos)

George isn't big on the Gospel proclamation bit of the Church, but he does want to be a part of a lived-out faith.

Don't we all?

That includes our neighbours.

No comments:

Post a Comment